Throughout our experience of installing the Honeywell evohome zoning systems, we’ve come across many relatively new builds where we’ve had to remove existing controls, leaving wiring unused and useless. It seemed crazy to us to remove all this newly installed hardware that the homeowner had recently paid to be installed. This made us think about the cost difference of installing a traditional heating system, including electrical and plumbing labour, to installing a Honeywell evohome zoning system.
If we considered a typical 4 bed house with underfloor heating on the ground floor and stored hot water, we can remove the need to install several items in a heating system by installing the evohome system during construction:
- No heating zone valves are required
- No underfloor heating zone valves required
- No wiring to underfloor heating zone thermostats
- Underfloor heating only requires power to the honeywell unit
- Possible under sizing of boiler
Other added advantages of installing a evohome system includes:
- Precisely controlling the temperature of each room or zone
- Complete control of the zoning system via a mobile app away from home
- Achieve a lower energy performance certificate (EPC)
- Save up to 40% on your fuel bills
- Change or combine zones with no wiring alterations
- Significantly faster to install the evohome system
- Minimal wiring so much less labour and materials
- View and control you exact hot water temperature in your boiler
- Integration with other connected home products
We have come to the conclusion it is cheaper to install a complete Honeywell evohome system than traditional wired central heating. Stop wasting your money and ask your plumber or builder to contact us for a quote, or alternatively just call yourself.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01400 251475.